Sat 25 Feb 2012
This week the US observed Presidents’ Day, Mardi Gras was celebrated, and Oscar hype was in full force. Here are some news bits from the week:
- Wine-based cocktails turning heads – Hunter Valley winemakers may have raised their eyebrows when local bar manager Jamie Walker began using their wines in his cocktails, but he says the concept is taking off.
- Vodka Boosts Creativity – A study found that men who have had enough vodka cranberries perform better on ‘verbal resourcefulness’ tests. (I knew there was a reason I get such good ideas when I drink!)
- Tales of the Cocktail 2012 Official Cocktail Competition Announced – The theme will be The Old Fashioned Cocktail. Want to enter? The deadline for all cocktail submissions is March 12th which will then be judged by renowned cocktail experts Robert Hess, Chris McMillan and David Wondrich.
- Monday was National Cherry Pie Day. While I don’t like cherry pie very much, there’s always room for a cocktail, so here were some recipes.
- Wednesday was National Margarita Day. I do love margaritas. Why not try our delicious Watermelon Margarita!